Motivation is the core of all action. Sometimes, we don’t have as much of it as we need. Practicing certain habits can help maintain a steady source of motivation. The importance of self motivation and learning how to apply self motivation techniques are essential if we wish to live a life of accomplishment and happiness. Below are some practices that you can get started on today and they can spark motivation for you! It’s time to get motivated!
A great deal of motivation comes from understanding one’s state of happiness. However, happiness, like most other oh-so-important concepts in life, is a slippery concept. How can one go about changing how happy they are? Very simply put, happiness and control are causal — meaning that when you take away somebody’s control, they are less happy. So by giving yourself some control, you are generally happier and more motivated to do something. It’s the reason there are control freaks in the world, and it’s the reason video games have become so popular. Some control-based activities are reading, writing, hiking, painting, gardening, and exercising.
Be More Energetic!
Many people underestimate the importance of their own energy level, and unfortunately, they only remember after they pull that all-nighter. It isn’t a lack of motivation, per se, but more a lack of perceived energy. There are several factors that affect one’s level of energy:
- Diet: Understand that your body has needs too, and if you ignore those needs your body will tell you. In short, understand what your body is telling you.
- When you have a headache, before you grab those pills in your medicine cabinet, try putting some water into your system. Drink a glass or two, wait for fifteen minutes, and see if the headache is gone.
- A good lesson to learn is that caffeine doesn’t actually help you gain energy, it just lessens the effect of being tired. Consider replacing your caffeine with vitamins B6 and B12. Vitamin B is healthier, more convenient, and cheaper.
- If you need energy, seek it out, because it will be extremely hard to stay motivated without it.
- Sleep is nature’s downtime. Make sure that you get enough of it, and a high enough quality of it.
Efficiency is extremely important. Without efficiency a person will have zero motivation to do anything. Efficiency is the confidence one has in their own personal abilities. Without that confidence one can easily give into immobility. Ways to facilitate efficiency are discussed below.
Get The Support You Need!
Your support are the foundations for your personality and your values. Support can be broken down into two areas, internal and external.
Internal: Your internal supports are the small realizations that nourish your potential. Good realizations don’t always have to be true, and true realizations don’t always have to be good.
External Supports: External supports are people, places or things that nourish your potential. External supports vary but it’s always important to have them.
Fulfillment is a very crucial part of staying motivated. Knowing that you are doing the things you wish to do can push you forward more than any other variable.
- Take time to sit back and admire what you’ve done. Seeing how far you’ve come gives you a sense of purpose.
- Don’t be embarrassed to take credit in what you’ve done. You know you’ve worked hard, and getting praise from other people can strengthen your resolve in pushing on.